Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Radical Recipe

I can't stop eating these.
Seriously.
Every day wouldn't be totally true.
Every week wouldn't do it justice.
You know how your mom used to say...if you eat any more cookies you will turn into a cookie.
You can call me Ms. Jalapeno.


My Poppers*

You need:

6-12 jalapenos
1 large can chicken breast
1 package 1/3 fat cream cheese, softened
Salt/Pepper to season

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Cut off jalapeno tops
Cut in half lengthwise
Clean seeds out

Drain chicken
Mix with cream cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Line pan with foil

Generously fill jalapeno halves with cream cheese & chicken mixture and place on pan

Bake for 30 minutes or until golden bubbly and delicious

Best served warm


* My dad's version
Leave some seeds in jalapenos for more heat
Replace regular cream cheese with garden vegetable cream cheese
Shred sharp cheddar and top all poppers with cheese



Do where gloves when preparing peppers.
Don't blame me when you get addicted.
Do call me if you need my help or want some company while snacking.

4 comments:

  1. next time u make these i am coming over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are delicious. Even when you get a HOT one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! did you just come up with that on your own?? I would have never thought of it and it sounds so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KT: you got it.
    Jen: don't be a sissy.
    Brianne: Not really. I was set up on a blind date/party and one of your own cops was making something similar on the bbq. His were wrapped in bacon and I tried to recreate it.

    ReplyDelete