Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Chosen One, Alright

Um, so am I the only person that doesn't know this? Maybe that is how it is supposed to be. Maybe I am the chosen one (which lets be honest, you know I like) and I wasn't supposed to find out. Or, maybe those around me know what a paranoid lunatic I am about the end of the world that they kept it a secret. Or, maybe they know how I feel about my birthday (should be a national holiday) another reason for a secret. Or, maybe I was supposed to find out so I could stop it from happening like some sort of super hero.

Well, I don't know, but I will tell you this. It FREAKS me out. Of course, it does right? I know, I know, crazy Ada. But, if your birthday fell on the day the world is supposed to end "as we know it" wouldn't you be a little freaked? Honestly. "It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine" thank you REM but I do not feel fine. Not about this. Not about my birthday which I celebrate for the whole month of December being "the day". Not about the end. And especially not about them being one and the same. Dang.

Let me explain. I was reading one of my fave blogs and there was a comment on his post that referred to December 21, 2012. But not much was explained. So I questioned the importance of that date (other than my grand birthday, of course). Well, then he told me. And more than that, he did this. Which led to more discussion and perhaps talk of sacrificing me. Perhaps.

So here I go to my trusty google. And this is what I find. I find the END OF THE WORLD website. Now, the only good thing about this is that there is an actual countdown to my birthday. And I love a countdown to my birthday. However, I start it on December 1st and it is for parties, presents and cake. Not for Armageddon.

The website has a TON of info on it. But in brief...
The Mayans had a calendar (or three) and this is the day the calendar stopped.
Nostradamus had his own prediction on WW III and 2012.
Stars will align which will affect the gravitational pull and the North Pole will become the South Pole and vice versa. I'm just assuming this is not going to be pleasant.
Einstein said we only have four years left after the bees are gone. And I've seen the Haagen Dazs ads to buy a carton & save a bee.
Plus they have celebrity believers: Smashing Pumpkins, Mel Gibson, Lil Wayne, etc.

I'm just saying. It doesn't look good.

Of course my sweet saint of a mom told me "No one knows the day or the hour" (quoted from Matthew 24) and my dad is of the mindset of "I'm ready. Take me home, Jesus." But, still I am not sure. I was supposed to have six more babies and that physically is not possible in three years. I want to see if my kids grow up to have my singing voice and Adam's metabolism. I want to take my mom & dad to Alaska. I really think I just might win a CMA. I have never been to New York. I have my list of must read books. I want to renew my vows at ten years with my husband in Maui. I would like to take the girls 40th bday trip (long way off).

It looks like this countdown is how much time I have left to get all my stuff done. Looks like I have some babies to have and some books to read. Looks like I will be celebrating on December 20th that year, just in case. Looks like I need some frequent flyer miles. Does anyone have any to spare? Can't take them with you, you know. :)

6 comments:

  1. i love that your sweet face is on that blog. and i love the countdown to your bday.
    as for the end of the world bs, oh please. that kind of rhetoric is to keep bored sci-fi geeks entertained, no offense to your blogger pal. i am with your mom. people have been predicting the end of the world since the beginning, no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. End of the world? I don't believe it, but as a fan of apocalyptic disaster movies, I find it kind of entertaining. Sick, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know Ad- I'm keeping my eye on you. For one, I'm staying on your GOOD side. Ha.

    Honestly, I don't want you to worry you but, yeah this is big- really big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KT: ok. you know if i get freaked out i come to you and your porch anyway. :)
    Katrina: entertaining is one thing...death is another. :)
    CK: Staying on my good side is a great plan. I have an anger management problem and hold a grudge. :) And, stop it with the big really big talk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. anger management n holdin grudges? sounds more like a taurus lol. n e way, yes, the end has been predicted many times, but nothing is set in stone. for every "end of the world" prediction, there has been a chosen one who's path determined the outcome. being that your birthday falls on that day doesn't make u the chosen one though ada, so stop stressin it, i know who the chosen one of our time is (no, it's not me), and i will do all i can to ensure he takes the right path.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah, btw, it's kinda funny ya'll stopped posting the day before his birthday.

    ReplyDelete