Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Radical Recipe

Fresh Salsa

2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
Chop as small as you like. I take a few tomatoes and put them in the chopper to make liquid...it's my son's favorite part, you know the part without the "veggies". It is also his job to use the chopper.



4 cloves garlic minced


Half an onion chopped


2-3 jalapenos seeded and chopped

Yes, those are gloves. I don't want my hands burning from their hotness. You can use more or less depending on if you are a sissy or not. I say the hotter the better. Sometimes I add half a can of hot chiles to it just for kicks.



Fresh cilantro


Sea Salt

Salt brings out the flavors of each ingredient.

Combine all in a bowl and mix. Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour to let the flavors marry.

Aidan loves it when I say that. He asked me last time if they were going to kiss. Oh, heck yes they are going to kiss...the tomatoes and the jalapenos. Hot kissing going on there.

Viola! Homemade delish salsa.

ENJOY!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, YUM. Bookmarked. I am totally making this. (And yes, if any vegetable is into making out, it's got to be jalapenos.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cilantro- one of my favorite, um what is it, herb? veggie?. Regardless- Mmmmmm mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to ask you for your recipe. It's so yummy! Great pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete