Monday, September 28, 2009

Not Me Monday






We went on a walk after dinner last night and saw a friend/neighbor of ours who is pregnant (due in 5 weeks). She looks absolutely stunning. I did not turn green with envy when she rubbed her belly. Ohhhh, I can't wait to have more babies.



I had three parties (my job) scheduled in the month of September. They all got rescheduled. I did not freak out a tiny bit. No parties...no money. It's ok, right about then God sent me some good news in the form of more work but more money. Yeah!!!


I did not find statements for two different retirement accounts that still have my ex husband as beneficiary. Oopsy! Don't worry, I did not call today and talk to Joe, who thought it was hilarious, to get that remedied immediately.

I was going to make a sammie for lunch last week...no bread. Was going to eat tacos...no cheese. Was going to have cereal...no milk. So, instead of going to the grocery store I did not have ice cream with bananas, walnuts and chocolate syrup. Too bad I went shopping this weekend...that sounds good right now for lunch. Hee Hee.


I did not clean out the freezer and find two pie crusts from who knows when that were broken to pieces. Um, I'm not really a pie maker. Must have been on sale. I am however a cake maker. I tried my luck/skill once again at a two layer cake. Usually they taste delicious but look a mess. I did not do a little dance, literally, when the cake turned out absolutely perfect. My dad said it was the best dessert I have ever made. My nephew said it was ultra good. And it was...good looking and good tasting.
Ahhhhh...Fluffy Vanilla cake w/pineapple filling and Vanilla frosting. Delish!


1 comment:

  1. Great post and the cake looks great.
    I would like to invite you to join us for an online Bible study for MOMMAS on the book of Ephesians. We are using my Bible study workbook called “High Stepping in Heavenly Places.” The 10-week study began Sept.24. so it’s not too late to join in. A workbook is available (but not required) with homework. You will also be able to watch a 45-minute weekly video or download a podcast of the message (at no charge), and then share in an online discussion with other moms. Interested. My studies are non-denominational and perfect for all MOMS with toddlers, tweens, teens, or turning 'em loose. I hope you will consider joining in. I would count it a privilege to encourage and inspire you with the Word of God in the fine art of Christian mothering. Check it out at http://highsteppinginheavenlyplaces.wordpress.com. Blessings. jean

    http://jeanstockdale.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete