Sunday, April 4, 2010
I've been thinking of having just one blog for a looooong time. I'm having a hard time keeping up with two blogs and really anything I post here I can post on my family blog. Even the craziness...it's just honest me being me.
I think I shall just have my family blog and put this blog to rest. I have had a good year run and am hoping any readers will just make the small journey to my family blog. I promise there will be some good stories and lots of craziness. Of course there will also be pictures of my family, but they are all really cute and my camera is broken (again) so there won't be a ton of them.
Thanks for all your comments and the love.
If you miss me you can just jump over to AAA Plus One. I'll be there with all my craziness having a good time.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Head on over to the mother of Not Me Mondays to see what else has not been happening.
I did not send a desperate text message to a recently pregnant friend for some drugs to stop the morning sickness yesterday. That would be totally against all kinds of rules...to take someones prescription. That did not make me sleep from 5pm to 1am on the couch after taking said drugs. They make mama sleeeeeeeeepy.
I wanted to use two coupons when buying lunch for the family the other day and the coupons clearly state that you may only use one per customer per visit. I did not discuss the plan with my sweet husband in the car so he could order our lunch and I would order the kids' lunch and we could both use a coupon. That would be taking this budget thing way too far. The coupon karma fairy totally won...lunch was gross with a capital G. Yuck.
I went to a lovely baby shower yesterday for a beautiful young lady I have known for many, many years. I did not feel the least bit jealous of her. She only has a week or two to go and I have seven long months ahead of me. She looks like she swallowed a basketball and that is it, no pregnant face, no swollen feet...just absolutely beautiful.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
1. Polish kielbasa
2. Jalapeno flautas
3. Chinese food "for the sweet husband"
4. Beef and chile burrito
9. Carrot Cake
10. Chicken strips
Thursday, March 18, 2010
1. The sun. Ahhhh, the sun, the glorious sun shows his pretty face again and warms the earth and my heart.
2. Tulips. One of my absolute favorite flowers and when I see the tips of the green leaves poking through the dirt I begin to smile. Now if only I could get them to last a little while longer.
3. Yard work. The sweet husband loves to be outside making our yard look better each year. I love being out there planting my flowers and cleaning my patio furniture for future fireside talks and picnics.
4. Letting the kids out after a long Northern winter is the best medicine for just about everything. The bikes, scooters, push cars and sidewalk chalk that clutter the driveway is a wonderful sight.
5. Daylight Savings. Need I say more?
6. After dinner walks with the family. Made possible by #5.
7. Caramel highlights which have already been strategically placed all over my head to make me brighter, lighter and spring sexy.
8. All the things I bought all winter long, while thrifting, that need a fresh coat of white paint can finally be beautified. Well not by prego me apparently, as I was told by the sweet husband today when he came home for lunch to find me standing outside with a can of spray paint in hand.
9. Bye bye Uggs...hello Tevas.
10. Most importantly...Easter. Jesus is Risen! Hallelujah! The new pastel dresses and the colored eggs are just a tiny bonus.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Me: Would you rather have to wear big pink hoop earrings everyday or wear a skirt every Monday for the rest of your life?
A skirt you could hide in you pants.
Me: Would you rather have to sleep on a sandpaper bed or wear sandpaper underwear?
Sandpaper bed...wear lots of clothes and you wouldn't even know it.
Me: Would you rather have all your friends call you Elizabeth or wear a matching Easter dress with your little sister?
I think mine are pretty funny and very difficult for a seven year old boy.
Here are his attempts.
Son: Would your rather never see me again or kiss my face off?
Um, kiss your face off.
Son: Would you rather hug me all day every day or kiss me goodnight?
Hug you all day...I could sneak a kiss in.
Son: Would you rather be eaten by a lion or a leprechaun?
Now that's a good one...a lion definitely. Leprechauns would take little tiny bites and it would last forever.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Oooh, remember that clothing line that changed color when we were younger? You know the sweatshirts that were light blue and then when you blew hot air on them they changed to pink. Or purple to blue or whatever. It was like a mood ring sweatshirt. I didn't have one but a friend did and I loved to borrow it. I'm not making this up. Am I?
Friday, March 12, 2010
I had a little tiny goal to read a book a month and February was a good month. I read three.
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory is my new favorite book. I watched the movie first and was hooked. I was told the movie was not even comparable to the book so I was so excited to begin reading. Oh and once I did I couldn't put it down. It intrigued me and it entertained me and I fell in love with Mary Boleyn. I simply adore her.
Ms. Gregory took the historical story of Henry VIII, Anne & Mary Boleyn and wrote a little fiction about what else happened around court. She does a delightful job. Come to think of it, I adore her too. She has a list of other books that I still need to read. They are on the book club list. See how easy that is, I just put them on the list.
I also read The Effect of Living Backwards written by Heidi Julavits. My book club is still out on this one. This is one I just handed to a girlfriend and said read it. I need some help with this one. First, it wasn't the book I expected. I thought it was the book where two sisters write letters back and forth. It's not. It's not even close to that. Well, there are sisters in her story. One is funny and dark. The other one is not. It starts in some institution where they reenact things from your past to see what really happened. What? Weird, right. Then there is a plane. And a hijacking which may or may not be a real hijacking and a crazy hotel. I don't know. I didn't stop reading it...I had to see where she was going with all this. I had to see what the point was. I admit, even at the end, I still wasn't sure.
Ok, so this would have been helpful to actually have some other members to discuss what the heck was going on.
The last book I read in less than twenty four hours. I started one night before bed, stayed up waaaaay too late and then finished it the next morning. Jason F. Wright is the sweet little author of The Wednesday Letters. It is short and an easy read. It made me laugh and I finished the last pages through tears. It is a wonderful story of love and forgiveness and the amazing power of our God. The title refers to the husband who writes his wife a letter every Wednesday starting the day they are married. What in the sweetest idea ever, right?
I also gave this one to a girlfriend to read and she was sending me text messages that very same day about the ending of the book. You should read it. Make sure you have tissues.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
10 things about spending your days with four little girls under the age of three.
Oh this is going to be good..
1. I have thought about making gladiator costumes for two of the girls who just can't get along. I'm talking, tackling, hair pulling, eye poking, strong arm lean, pinching...you name it, it's been done. Any suggestion for stage names?
2. The skinniest one of them all is ALWAYS hungry. Her favorite way to tell me is "I'm really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, (you think I'm kidding, but I'm not), really, really, really, really, really, really, hungry. Perhaps she has a tapeworm.
3. The younger ones think books are for standing on, like little tiny steps to make them taller. They are so confused when I tell them books aren't for standing, but for reading. Crazy concept, I know.
4. There is nothing sweeter than one of them tells you she loves you or when one comes and rubs your arm and smiles her sweet smile.
5. Messy diapers are contagious. Oh, I wish I was kidding...one leads to two, which leads to three, which causes the potty trained one to have to go too.
6. There is such a thing as barrette envy. If one girl has a barrette in her hair then everyone wants a barrette in their hair. Including me.
7. You know the books that have the little buttons on the side that make noises. You are supposed to read the books and push the buttons at the appropriate time. I don't want to say I hate those books...but I do.
8. Sharing? What's that?
9. Toast is always a hit, as is popcorn and cocoa puffs. But, none of them compare to the time I found a bag of those little mini cookies. Jackpot!
10. Little girl nicknames are the cutest and I love my Boo, JuJu, Audrey Pie and Lola Beans to pieces.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
I would like to promise you that this will be the last you will hear about the pregnancy, but I just can't. I'm soooo excited and I just can't hide it...(sing with me) I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.
I did not take three pregnancy test in one morning to make sure that the three negative tests I had previously taken were completely and absolutely wrong. I did not run outside to show them to the sweet husband to see if I was crazy. (His response was this "Ok, I'm going to go get you some popsicle sticks and I will get a blue crayon and put a line on it and you can pee on those from now on.") I also did not text a picture of all three test to one of my girlfriends who is an expert at all things fertility.
I did not see a super skinny mom at the pool with her kids and only for a minute get a little bit jealous before it passed and I smiled to myself. She might be super skinny but she isn't growing a human.
I did not find it a little bit odd that twice while shopping in the last two weeks I have had some sort of crazy craving for orange juice and head to the cooler, get a bottle, open it up and drink it while finishing my shopping. I did not pray each time that this meant I was expecting. I can't tell you that last time I had a craving for orange juice (without vanilla vodka)...oh wait yes I can. It was last January when the daughter was born.
I was completing some forms for something and had to put the date my last child was born and my current due date. I did not freak out just a little when the dates were in 2009 and 2010. Um, who does that (other than my grandma who had twelve children)??? Yikes and Hallelujah all together!
I am not convinced that it will be a boy. When I was pregnant the first time I sooooo wanted a girl and I got a boy. Then I really wanted a little brother for the big brother and we got a girl. So now that I have decided that having daughters is fun and frilly and pink I will get a...you guessed it...a boy. Feel free to place bets. Odds are that I'm right.
I did not already think about my sweet baby belly in my black bikini this summer. This is the only time it is ok to wear a bikini and not have a flat supermodel belly...I plan on taking advantage. Um, I should note that this will only be in my backyard or up on the river where no one can see but those that love me.
I have not already put a plan of action into place to get my house in order before the morning sickness starts. I just think it will be easier to keep it half way manageable if it is in tip top shape to begin with. And as crazy as this sounds, I'm looking forward to the morning sickness. Morning sickness, if you have had two miscarriages, is a sign that things are working as they should be.
Friday, March 5, 2010
Either that or he knows my heart.
But it is kind of cool to think he reads my blog.
However, if He does I need to watch my language.
Sorry about that.
You know the blog I wrote yesterday.
The 10 things that would make me happy.
Well today was sunny.
The sweet husband had the day off.
My sweet baby did not have a fever for the first time in almost a week.
I finally got a positive pregnancy test.
Or three, but who's counting.
Except for the husband who wants to know how one can spend $50 on pregnancy tests.
I also got a sweet tea.
But, that wasn't from God.
It was from the best sister in the whole world.
Who was initially from God.
It wasn't until later that I was having a drinky of that delicious bev that I realized she had read the blog and did what she could to make me happy.
Dang, she is good.
But, not as good as God.
Because God gave me a baby.
He answered my prayers.
He knew my heart and blessed me once again.
God is good.
We would double love your prayers.
We are praying.
We are praying that I can carry this baby until November.
We are praying that this baby is healthy.
Did I mention?
God is Good.