Wednesday, July 22, 2009

#21

21. Burn the candles, use the nice dishes, wear the fancy lingerie.
Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.


This was on a list I was emailed the other day. You can see it was #21. It was a really good list. I saved a few of them as a reminder.

This one is so super true, right? I have a friend who won't wear her favorite perfume unless it is a special occasion. I have a beautiful dress with the tags still on waiting for something special to be worn.

This does seem a little silly. None of us know how many days we have left on this beautiful earth. What if I never get to wear the dress? What if the perfume just sits in a bottle forever? A lot of good it does there. I think we should embrace number twenty one and use it as our new life motto. Today is special. The sun came up, we get to be with the ones we love and make memories. Treat today like the special day it is. Even better, make it special. Do something you love. Make someone smile. Use the good dishes even if you are having grilled cheese. Wear your favorite perfume if only you can smell it.

What will you do to make it special?

2 comments:

  1. As a hsopice nurse simply can't tell you the number I've times I've drug an as new looking, great article of clothing out of a closet to put on my patient to brighten things up and the family OR PATIENT themselves has said to the effect, "I was saving that for a special occasion." or "Mom never wore that. She was saving..."

    ReplyDelete