10 things about our vacation
1. Staying with family is SOOOO much better than staying at a hotel. The pool is cleaner and less crowded, the food is delish, the company is the best, the bed is more comfy and you can borrow everything when you forget your toiletries bag at home. Thanks Rick & Veeda!
2. Disneyland is the happiest place on earth. It also makes for some really good people watching. Who are these people? Where do they come from and why on earth do they think it is a good idea to eat turkey legs out of a bag while walking around in the heat? Crazy!
3. Angels Stadium is incredible. It puts Safeco to shame. They have landscaping, fireworks, water features...wow!
4. Traveling with an "infant in arms" is a little bit stressful. I sat in the middle seat with Abby in my lap with two strangers on both sides. Yikes! Luckily the young girl that sat next to me was very friendly and helpful, you know when Abby dropped her toys, grabbed the girls' leather jacket, cried all the way up and down.
5. Airport food is entirely overpriced. $25 for Burger King breakfast...outrageous. $14 for a bottle of water and an orange juice...come on.
6. You have to be quick to catch sand crabs and if you are you can find a big one. Just watch out for the 6-8 foot waves crashing down around you.
7. Even with 50spf sunscreen both of my bebes came back bronzed from that California sun.
8. Had my first In & Out burger and fries. They were good. Sat by the pool and enjoyed a lunch with the family after swimming and catching lizards.
9. Cali traffic makes me a nervous wreck. Six lanes of speeding cars. Motorcycles that share lanes with cars. Crazy drivers that give you two thumbs up.
10. No matter how much fun you have and how much you don't want to leave your family it is always good to be home sweet home.