Thursday, August 13, 2009

10 Things Thursday

Movie/TV quotes used at our house on a regular basis


1. " Good luck finding someone who can move and shake like this."
Wedding Singer. Adam uses this frequently and it always fits. And yes he moves and shakes while he says it.

2. "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die."
Princess Bride. Aidan says this on a daily basis about something and he is always yielding a sword when he does. And I know that isn't his name but it is how Aid says it.

3. "I'm a vault baby. Locked down."
Hitch. If you want to know something and the other person isn't telling...this is the response. Adam does it best, he sounds just like Will Smith.

4. "Hello lovah."
Sex and the City. Whenever I see something I absolutely love, its more for material things than people.

5. "Do work!"
Rob & Big. When something needs to be done this is the "go".

6. "What you gonna do?"
Run's House. You have to say it just like Rev Run does and it can be used at any time. It always makes me smile. I may be just a little bit in love w/the whole family.

7. "You play ball like a girl."
Sandlot. This can be used in any sort of debate that gets heated. It works better if you are saying it to a boy, obviously.

8. "You're so vain."
How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days. You have to sing this a la Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson. When you live with two people who think they are the cutest things in the world you hear this song a lot.

9. "Negative, Ghostrider."
Top Gun. Clearly instead of saying no we say this. It sounds way cooler. I heard Aidan saying to one of the kids on his baseball team last week. Love that.

10. "Don't call me Goob. How many villains do you know named Goob? Bleh"
Meet the Robinsons. Sometimes Aidan will just break out this one. I love it.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I love your list! We say #1 a lot, too, just to get a laugh. And we also call each other "lovah", but not from SatC--from those goofy SNL sketches with Will Farrell and Rachel Dratch.

    I can just picture Aidan delivering Princess Bride lines...priceless! Is it just me, or does he look way more grown up all of the sudden?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use a lot of Friends and Seinfeld at our house. And the other day Josh did Will Smith from Men In Black, "I make this look gooood." It was hilarious.

    And I love the Top Gun flashback. I think I might just go watch that movie.

    ReplyDelete