Friday, January 8, 2010

Radical Recipe

I love bread. I love it fresh with butter. I love it toasted with jam. I love it white, wheat and grainy. Oh and I really really love beer bread. I found a beer bread mix from Tastefully Simple that my whole family fell in love with. It is delicious but it also gets expensive. Looking for recipes for Christmas I found a recipe by accident that claimed to taste just like it. I tried it. It needed something. I changed it a little and now it tastes just as good if not better than their boxed mix.

It is super simple. Did I say super simple? I meant super duper simple. Don't take my word for it...try it for yourself.



Beer Bread

3 cups self rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 bottle of beer
3 Tbsp melted butter (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix sugar and flour in bowl.
Add beer and quickly mix for 20 to 30 seconds.
Pour mixture into greased pan.
Pour melted butter over top of mixture.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Bread should pull away from sides of pan when done.
Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.

Enjoy!!

Make sure your self rising flour is fresh.
Any kind of beer works. Sweeter the beer the sweeter the bread. I used a winter ale this Christmas but, the Kokanee I used yesterday was the best.
It is great with soups and stews.
Oh, who am I kidding? It's just good, dang good.

4 comments:

  1. i'm gonna try it. was that what michelle had that night at shastas? along with that crazy delish dip??

    ReplyDelete
  2. bought myself some self rising flour today. if i make this it will be my first ever homemade bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i found it :) after u texted it to me tho

    this is just too dang easy isnt it? how is it so easy and sooooo dang good?

    ReplyDelete