Friday, January 29, 2010

Beauty


The family took a walk on Sunday afternoon down by the lake.

Ahhhh...53 degree weather is absolutely lovely and not at all expected in our hometown in the month of January. It was delightful. We took hot drinks and strolled the baby girl while my son rode his scooter all over the trail. We are super duper lucky to have a trail that goes for miles and miles and some of those blessed miles are next to the lake.

We are also lucky that the bicyclists were watching where they were going since my son clearly was not and almost got smashed not once, but twice. Geesh. For the record, I was watching him but I let him ride up in front of us so he could go at a lightning fast speed instead of a "mom & dad in love pushing his little sister in a stroller" speed. He tried to ride behind us, but (and please don't tell my son) I actually don't have eyes in the back of my head and the trail was busy that day and I don't trust strangers. So I let him ride ahead of us which is better so no one will steal him, but still doesn't matter if there is a bicycle coming at him also going at lightning fast speed. I did make sure to both apologize and thank said tight shorts bicycle man for not smashing that daydreaming child of mine.

Other than those two close calls it was a lovely and relaxing afternoon with the ones I love the most. I can't wait to do it again. For next time...should I make him stay next to me or just put a bubble around him?

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture! And I love spring weather in January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. dont we live in the best place on earth?

    ReplyDelete