Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Get Away

Had the most fun in Portland over the weekend. Stayed with my bestie and we got to visit without distractions. By distractions I mean my sweet beautiful bebes. The one year old is in need of attention all the time (like her mama) and the six year old loves my bestie like his own. In fact, they are second best friends. She loves him (as she helped me raise him the first few years of his life) and he loves her. So without those two, one on my knee and one on hers we got to have grown up girl talk. It was amaaaaaazing. We had some cocktails (that started at 4pm, don't tell), some snacks and some giggles. We discussed some of her troubles and some of mine. We got to shop a little and eat a little delicious mexican food. It was a laid back, relaxing trip that was absolutely perfect for me. It was just what I wanted and needed.

And now on this gray Wednesday afternoon I wish I was there.

1 comment: