10 Reasons I LOOOOVE Summer
1. Being tan. I know I shouldn't, but I do. I love not wearing makeup and having teva lines on my feet. I love my little boy's tan back and his pale bum. I just love it.
2. 4th of July. One of my favorite two holidays. I love our community parade. I love bbq's but most of all I love fireworks. Hearing the oohs and ahhs and I can't stop smiling.
3. Camping. I think we are switching from boaters to campers this summer. Hard to be on the rough water with a 5 month old. I'm good with this decision. Although I will have to improve on my camping skills.
4. Watching my son jump in and out of the water a dozen times. He is a fish. He is taking swim lessons and is doing incredible. He does it over and over and wants me to watch him every time. I gladly oblige.
5. Backyard bbq with a bunch of friends and family. My husband makes the best bbq chicken ever and I make some mean side dishes. Add a slip n slide and some watermelon and I'm in my element.
6. Summer dresses. Longer now since I am in my 30's. But still summery and strapless and light and wonderful.
7. Flip flops. I wear them as soon as the snow melts. I have them in every color. They are one of my all time favorite things.
8. Night swimming. You know those days when it is soooo hot you can barely function. That is the perfect day for a night swim. My girls and I use to go at a local beach and sing and swim and celebrate being young and responsibilityless.
9. Fresh fruit. Strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, pineapple, peaches...I love it all. You can eat it standing in the kitchen. You can make jam or fresh pies. You can take it on picnics, you can grill it or make a fruit salad. It is a blessing from above.
10. Outdoor movies. One of my favorite little towns near us shows outdoor movies in their community park all summer. We pack snacks and blankets and enjoy the movie and the moon. It is wonderful.