Friday, February 19, 2010

10 Things Thursday

10 things I do not understand about being thirteen months old

1. Since when is tearing up a paper napkin into tiny pieces the epitome of a good time.
2. You would think wiping your nose would be better than having snot all over your face. No?
3. Same with diapers...being clean and dry seems to be a better alternative. Again, no?
4. Can you just leave your shoes on for one minute?
5. Your daddy can hold you...you will survive. Or your grandparents. You don't need to be on mama's hip all day long.
6. I know you love buttons which is why we got you a toy phone and remote. You may not touch the real ones, no matter how many times you try or how mad you get.
7. A tantrum? Really? Really?
8. Rocks cannot taste that good. Why must you dig them out of my plants and eat them?
9. If you are deep asleep how do you know when I walk out of your room? How can you tell right when I lay down in my own bed that is time to cry again? Are you a genius?
10. How is it that you can make everything better with that one little smile? I wish I had that glorious skill.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the joys of motherhood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you do have that skill...A smile never hurts your cause...especially if you have a great one.

    ReplyDelete