Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Jinxed Myself

I spoke too soon...Aidan was up twice and my ex spent the better part of yesterday afternoon driving me crazy and I said something I wish I hadn't. Sooooo, I was up for hours.
Here is my conclusion to hours of a restless sleepless night.

Do NOT get divorced if there are kids involved. I have made this offer to many friends of mine...if you want to get divorced come and live with me for a week. A week. I'm certain that is all it will take. Here is the problem...this person which is driving you crazy while you are married will continue to drive you crazy. Probably more so. This person who you don't agree with on ANYTHING will not have a sudden change of heart and start to agree with you. This person who you share a child with will want to see aforementioned child and that will leave you without said child. This child will no doubt mean the world to you and you will have to trust this other person (who you don't trust) to take care of this child...physically, mentally and emotionally. You will spend the rest of your life going days without seeing your child. Days at a time which will seem like eternity, especially if you do not know what your child is doing, who they are with, what they ate for dinner and if they brushed their teeth. This is just the tip of the iceberg. What about rules and behavior. What about bed times and vitamins. What about video games and playmates? Now you are dealing with two different households, two different set of rules and perhaps two different lifestyles. It is enough to drive a person insane.

AAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I must mention that had I not got divorced I would not have met the love of my life, my best friend and that would be tragic. So, I guess it worked out well for me but the hardships of divorce still take its toll.

No comments:

Post a Comment